Social Services Measures
- The pensionable age will not be increased.
- The third pillar will be introduced for private pensions whereby fiscal incentives will be given to whom will invest in such pension schemes.
- Widows will continue to benefit from a full pension. An amount of €2.2 million has been voted for the sepensions.
- Service pensions will improved gradually. From 2014 the pension will be increased by €200, from €1,266 to €1,466. It is estimated that these measures will cost €1.5 million with 5,500 pensioners benefiting form such increase.
- From next year the yearly allowance given to the elderly will be increased from €300 to €500 and will be given to those with an age of 75 years and over.
- It was decided to exempt elderly and disabled persons from paying their share of the social security contribution as employers when such persons employ live-in carers.
- There will be an increase in the Disabled Child Allowance from €16.31 per week to €20 per week. 815persons will benefit from this increase.
- The tax on the transfer of immovable property causa mortis will be removed for disabled persons who inherit properties.